1. Preach the Gospel and its components to 3-5th graders every Sunday and Friday (Awana).
2. Inspire, love and train volunteers in weekly meetings.
3. Represent the Elementary department and its interests at all church leadership meetings and serve as a liaison between the church leadership, Elementary department volunteers, and parents.
5. To assist and coordinate with the Education Department pastors in discovering, recruiting volunteer teachers and assistants for the department.
6. To work through Education Department Pastor to execute teachings and all departmental activities.
7. Lead Awana on Friday nights.
8. To prepare and request a department plan and budget at the end of each year.
9. Be present at weekly church staff meetings.
1. Must be fully devoted to God and to the church of Jesus Christ, and be committed to expressing that devotion to next generation
2. Presbyterian doctrine and conviction.
3. Seminary education is required (or in school).
4. Have children’s ministry experience. Must be fluent in English and experience in a Korean-American church context is preferred.
6. Must be able to organize and execute large-scale events such as VBS, Hallelujah Night (10/31st) and Seasonal events.
Resume with a profile picture.
Confession of faith/Cover Letter.
1 letter of recommendation
1. Report to Education Department director and executive pastor, if needed.
2. Work closely with all LOLMC pastors, staff, and ministry teams. Must be a team player!
It's a Half-Time Position
Pastor Joochan Kim (Education Director)