The Cambridge Korean Presbyterian Church (CKPC) located in Arlington, MA, is seeking a part-time (or half-time) Youth Ministry Pastor who can serve a growing youth group, consisting of about 25 youth students of grade 6 through 12.
Youth ministry Pastor is the leader of the Youth Group (YG). Working closely with the YG Director, is responsible forbuilding a growing and flourishing community of youth, volunteers, visitors and families. Supervises the youth groupstaff/volunteer team to guide Christian students to mature in their faith while attracting seekers. Develops vision and executes programs for students in High School and Middle School.
Job Description: If you have a strong heart to lead and serve a youth community, please feel free to connect with us even if you do not feel that you have all the qualifications.
• Develop vision and strategy to cultivate a fruitful youth ministry
• Promote and build a strong YG community that is gospel-centered, joyful, and both in- and out-ward-faced
• Manage youth staff and lead monthly staff meetings
• Direct all communications for the youth ministry: internet, print, video, presentations
• Lead efforts to integrate the youth ministry more deeply into the congregation
• Lead YG Retreats and Summer mission trips
• Provide support to senior pastor and build community with other pastoral staff
Teaching and Shepherding
• Plan and lead Sunday worship service including delivery of the sermon
• Plan and organize weekly youth ministry worship/fellowship on Friday nights
• Direct and encourage regular small group activities for YG
• Provide pastoral care for youth ministry students and volunteers
• Lead and oversee key annual events for parents, students and leaders
• Develop and support the parent community through relationships, information, recommendations, advice, and gatherings
• Direct volunteer leader recruitment efforts, volunteer selection, and onboarding
• Lead, mentor and foster deep community for the YG leadership team
• Provide regular, effective ministry training for YG leadership team
Qualifications and Skills
• Passion for CKPC vision to serve the local and global community
• Gospel-oriented heart to serve God, families and youth in CKPC and beyond
• Possesses maturity in Faith and commitment in Christ.
• In process or graduate of Master of Divinity from an accredited seminary.
• 2+ year experience leading youth ministry, with experience in directing programs, managing staff and gathering students, preferred
• Training in and understanding of contemporary youth cultural pressures
• Proven ability to teach Bible, theology and Christian discipleship
• Commitment to the theology and traditions of reformed faith
• Team player with ability to adapt and thrive in a dynamic organizational environment
• Strong communication, service, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
• Ability to bring peace and biblical resolution to encounters marked by high emotions, expectations and demands of highly vested community members
• 2 Years or more (negotiable).
Requirements (Please email to contacts below):
1. Cover Letter and Resume - Personal testimony and vision for ministry.
3. Two or more references
• Heeman Lee, elder, Education Director, Heeman.Lee@verizon.net (617) 959-3509