Full-Time Education/Family Pastor (or Director)
Davis Korean Church (DKC; KM http://www.daviskoreanchurch.org/dkckm/xe/; EM https://www.hlfdavis.org/; YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVBib1P66Dxl7f8kvj6pQHg/featured) is seeking a full-time Education/Family Pastor to oversee its education ministry consisting of Children’s Ministry (Preschool to 6th) and Youth Ministry (7th to 12th). DKC aspires for a cooperative team ministry, where the Senior Pastor, Education/Family Pastor and Outreach Pastor all serve and support each other with their respective gifts in the areas of specialties. The Education/Family Pastor will work closely with Education Ministry leaders to develop and execute a comprehensive plan for the spiritual formation of all DKC children. The Education/Family Pastor will develop relationships with the families of children so that faith formation continues at homes.
We are a non-denominational, evangelical, multi-ethnic church located in the small college town of Davis, CA (U.C. Davis). This unique location gives us the benefit of the rich integration of University students and families in our church community. The mission of DKC is to “save lost souls and make disciples of all nations and all generations through gospel-centered living.” We are looking for an individual who has a dedicated heart for God and is committed to raising up the next generation to know, believe, and love Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. This individual should have a specific passion and vision for the hearts of children and families.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the education ministry
2. Develop and implement the unique vision of the Education Ministry in alignment with the church’s core values (discipleship & outreach)
3. Develop a spiritual formation model for preschool to 12th grade in coordination with the Senior Pastor
4. Inspire, love, train and disciple teacher volunteers and support their ongoing spiritual development
5. Develop relationships with families and partner with them in creating a safe and trusting Gospel-centered community that disciples our children
6. Preach developmentally appropriate and relevant Gospel-centered sermons to CM & YM
7. Represent the education ministry at all church leadership meetings and serve as a liaison between the church leadership, education volunteers, and families
1. Must be a collaborative Team Player (work with other pastors and lay leaders)
2. Seminary Education (A Degree in Christian Education preferred)
3. Have significant children’s ministry and/or youth ministry experience.
4. Must be fluent in English (bilingual in Korean preferred; must have Cultural Competency).
Salary: Commensurate with experience (comparable to local public school teachers)
Cover Letter (Confession of faith & personal vision for education ministry)
3 references (one from a pastor, one from a lay leader, one from a parent of a student)
1 video of children’s sermon and/or youth sermon