Korean Church of Southwest Los Angeles (KCSWLA) is a Korean immigrant church that has been serving the Korean community in the Gardena and Torrance areas of the South Bay in Southern California for the past 35 years. Located across from El Camino Community College, KCSWLA has a congregation of 300 members with various ministries for its 1st, 1.5 and 2nd generation members.
We are seeking a full-time College/Young Adult EM pastor who can grow, lead, and nurture our College/Young Adult ministry. The EM pastor will be responsible for reaching out to 2nd generation members (most of whom are already serving in KCSWLA's Children's and Youth ministries) and building the EM congregation. This position may also include duties similar to an "Education Department Director" as it involves teamwork and coordination with the Children's and Youth ministries.
• Preaching on Sundays
• Pastoral care (including counseling, mentoring, visitations, etc.)
• Developing and leading weekly and seasonal programs including: Bible study, summer missions, winter & summer retreats, and other community-building and spiritually enriching activities
• Monthly staff meetings after Early Morning Prayer (4th Saturday of the month)
• M. Div. or equivalent from an accredited seminary
• Preferably bilingual, but not necessary if experienced with Korean immigrant churches (fluency in English and proficiency in Korean)
• Previous experience in young adult ministry (2-3 years minimum)
Salary negotiable based on qualifications and experience; housing not included.
Please submit resume, statement of faith or personal testimony, recent sermon CD or video, and ministry references. You can e-mail Pastor Kwang Chul Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Church Address: 16100 Crenshaw Blvd, Gardena, CA 90249
Church Phone #: 310-719-7193
Website: http://kcswla.org/main/ (KM) & http://swlaem.org (EM)